Split Wingnut Support
Recently, our #1 complaint is about the new split wingnut shipped with all Bath Royale Premium and Superior seats (BR606/620, BR631B and BR644). If not threaded properly, the wingnut may strip or not hold tight, causing your toilet seat to move out of position.
It's important to note that our split wingnuts are MADE TO SLIDE along the length of the screw for quick, easy fitting into the mounting hole.
Our wingnut design uses the WEDGE PRINCIPLE so that it only tightens on the screw once it's firmly in the mounting hole.
Split Wingnut Installation Tips:
- Please watch our install video
- You can find a copy of our split wingnut installation guide here: Split Wingnut Installation Guide
- NOTE: To thread properly, the tips of the wingnut must be centered and pressed up into the underside of the mounting hole.
- NOTE: It is best to turn the screw, not the wingnut. Hold the wingnut at the bottom (push upwards) and turn the screw from the top using a Phillips head screwdriver.
- NOTE: On rare occasions, wingnut may strip. If this happens, please contact us and we will send replacements immediately.
- NOTE: If the mounting holes in your toilet are not industry standard (round and 5/8 inch in diameter), split wingnut will not work. Please contact us and we will expedite alternative mounting hardware.