Watch Our Troubleshooting Video to Help Installing the Split Wingnut
Recently, our #1 complaint is about the split wing nuts supplied with all Bath Royale® Premium and Superior seats (BR606/620, BR631B and BR644). If not threaded properly, the wing nuts may strip or not hold the mounting bases tight.
IMPORTANT: The split wing nuts work on a "wedge" principal. For final tightening, the tips must be centered in the underside of the mounting hole.
Split Wingnut Installation Tips:
- DO NOT turn the wing nuts. Instead, turn the screw from the top with a Phillips head screwdriver.
- If not tightening, move the wing nut around while pushing upward until you feel the tips slip into the hole. As the screw turns, the points of the wing nut are squeezed into the mounting hole.
- You can find a copy of our split wingnut installation guide here: Split Wingnut Installation Guide
- NOTE: On rare occasions, a wing nut may strip or break. If this happens, please contact us and we will send replacements immediately.
- NOTE: If the mounting holes in your toilet are not industry standard (round and 5/8 inch in diameter) the split wing nut will not work. Please contact us and we will send alternate mounting hardware.